Welcome to The Good Health Shop’s website. Your health is our passion! We take care of your health inside and out. Visit our shop in Shelly Beach in KZN, and get your blood pressure taken as well as numerous other screenings. You’ll find sclerology, iridology, Bach Flower remedies and a wonderful shop filled with everything you’ll need to live a healthy life. You can also book a health coaching session with Michelle, our certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, to assist you on your health journey. Visit us and never look back!
039 315 5351
Get In Touch
039 315 5351
01 Surfbay Centre
Cnr. Marine Drive & Spink Road
Mon – Fri: 09:00 – 16:00
Saturdays: 09:00 – 12:30
Public Holidays: 09:00 – 12:30
A lot of people ask how to have a healthy breakfast. That’s still quick and easy. And not expensive…. YES! it can be done. Introducing Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins, a healthy, fast, inexpensive, nutritious, portable breakfast that never flops no matter how you mess with it. Here Goes…
Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins
- Grease (or line with paper cups) a muffin tray (I use the big muffin tray but both sizes work; simply adjust baking time).
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup oats (or gluten-free oats or 1/2 oats and 1/2 bran flakes or even left-over neglected muesli) 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk or kefir or even yoghurt) and stand for 5 minutes (or more, no stress). In a large bowl combine 1 cup flour (or spelt flour or gluten-free flour or wholewheat flour), 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4tsp cinnamon, make a well and set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup maple syrup (or honey, xylitol, sugar or applesauce – I find 3/4 too sweet and only add 1/2 a cup), 1/4 cup butter (or almond, cashew or any peanut butter) and 2 lightly beaten eggs (I have never used an egg substitute, but don’t be scared to try) into the oat mixture.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
- At this point I have added : 1/2 cup nuts, frozen berries, raisins, chocolate-covered cranberries, chopped banana, stewed apple and combinations of the above
- Spoon batter into cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- Bake at 200C for 15-18 mins for small muffins and about 35-40 mins for big muffins. Cool on a rack
What Our Customers Are Saying
As usual, when it comes to real health promotion, you have to dig deep to find the truth that has been obscured ‘modern’ medicine. Back in the day, the parathyroids used to be removed at the drop of a hat, and it took a long time for the consequences of that to...
We’ve all experienced it: that heaviness of trying to drag yourself through a day when you haven’t had enough sleep the night before. Being tired makes everything more difficult, physically, emotionally and especially mentally – your concentration, creativity and...
Q: What is tempeh and why should we eat it? A: you’ve probably heard of Tofu, but you may not have heard of Tempeh - Tofu is made from soya milk & pressed into solid white blocks. On the other hand, tempeh is made from soya beans that have been fermented...
You’re definitely not alone if you feel the need hit the ‘seat eject’ button. The secret sauce is learning to rest, not to quit, and here’s how you might think about adjusting your mindset… Hit the pause button. If you keep a diary or weekly planner, schedule in a...
August month-end paperwork is due at the accountant this afternoon – the paperwork is looking at me askew and I am still avoiding the task at hand… do you also procrastinate? Procrastination is much more than a voluntary delaying of a task, though. I’ll offer you 2...
Here on the South Coast, in our amazing subtropical environment, almost everything stays green all year round. In my garden though, I have a deciduous tree; it's been turning brown and losing it's leaves gradually over the last few weeks. As I watch the changes in the...