Welcome to The Good Health Shop’s website. Your health is our passion! We take care of your health inside and out. Visit our shop in Shelly Beach in KZN, and get your blood pressure taken as well as numerous other screenings. You’ll find sclerology, iridology, Bach Flower remedies and a wonderful shop filled with everything you’ll need to live a healthy life. You can also book a health coaching session with Michelle, our certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, to assist you on your health journey. Visit us and never look back!
039 315 5351
Get In Touch
039 315 5351
01 Surfbay Centre
Cnr. Marine Drive & Spink Road
Mon – Fri: 09:00 – 16:00
Saturdays: 09:00 – 12:30
Public Holidays: 09:00 – 12:30
A lot of people ask how to have a healthy breakfast. That’s still quick and easy. And not expensive…. YES! it can be done. Introducing Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins, a healthy, fast, inexpensive, nutritious, portable breakfast that never flops no matter how you mess with it. Here Goes…
Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins
- Grease (or line with paper cups) a muffin tray (I use the big muffin tray but both sizes work; simply adjust baking time).
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup oats (or gluten-free oats or 1/2 oats and 1/2 bran flakes or even left-over neglected muesli) 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk or kefir or even yoghurt) and stand for 5 minutes (or more, no stress). In a large bowl combine 1 cup flour (or spelt flour or gluten-free flour or wholewheat flour), 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4tsp cinnamon, make a well and set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup maple syrup (or honey, xylitol, sugar or applesauce – I find 3/4 too sweet and only add 1/2 a cup), 1/4 cup butter (or almond, cashew or any peanut butter) and 2 lightly beaten eggs (I have never used an egg substitute, but don’t be scared to try) into the oat mixture.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
- At this point I have added : 1/2 cup nuts, frozen berries, raisins, chocolate-covered cranberries, chopped banana, stewed apple and combinations of the above
- Spoon batter into cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- Bake at 200C for 15-18 mins for small muffins and about 35-40 mins for big muffins. Cool on a rack
What Our Customers Are Saying
Physical Thriving is perhaps an underestimated topic, purely because we take it so much for granted.
In this series of blogs we are exploring the 5 areas in which all humans should thrive, at age-appropriate levels - Physiological, Cognitive, Emotional, Physical, and Social. Physical Thriving is the 5th and final of the 5, and perhaps an underestimated...
In this series of blogs we are exploring the 5 areas in which all humans should thrive, at age-appropriate levels. The first three blogs in this series dealt with Physiological, Cognitive & Emotional thriving. Two are left - Physical, and Social. ...
In this series of blogs we are exploring the 5 areas in which all humans should thrive, at age-appropriate levels. The 1st 2 blogs in this series dealt with Physiological & Cognitive thriving. 3 are left - Emotional, Physical, and Social. Altered...
In Blog 1/5 we took a look at the 1st of the 5 areas in which all humans should thrive, at age-appropriate levels: Physiological. This blog will focus on Cognitive thriving. What do we even mean by thriving on a cognitive level? Well, I suppose remembering is the...
Yesterday (Sunday) I attended an all-day Functional Practitioner’s workshop held by Dr Leslie Stone and Dr Michael Stone, who run a clinic in Oregon and an online site http://growbabyhealth.com/ 8 hours, preconception through to toddler. There was a lot about...
‘Health Care’ is becoming a very specific phrase. Health is no longer simply an absence of symptoms. You want to sleep well and wake up feeling as well as possible every day. Some days, when you feel less than good, you might think of yourself as...