Welcome to The Good Health Shop’s website. Your health is our passion! We take care of your health inside and out. Visit our shop in Shelly Beach in KZN, and get your blood pressure taken as well as numerous other screenings. You’ll find sclerology, iridology, Bach Flower remedies and a wonderful shop filled with everything you’ll need to live a healthy life. You can also book a health coaching session with Michelle, our certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, to assist you on your health journey. Visit us and never look back!
039 315 5351
Get In Touch
039 315 5351
01 Surfbay Centre
Cnr. Marine Drive & Spink Road
Mon – Fri: 09:00 – 16:00
Saturdays: 09:00 – 12:30
Public Holidays: 09:00 – 12:30
A lot of people ask how to have a healthy breakfast. That’s still quick and easy. And not expensive…. YES! it can be done. Introducing Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins, a healthy, fast, inexpensive, nutritious, portable breakfast that never flops no matter how you mess with it. Here Goes…
Michelle’s Magic Morning Muffins
- Grease (or line with paper cups) a muffin tray (I use the big muffin tray but both sizes work; simply adjust baking time).
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup oats (or gluten-free oats or 1/2 oats and 1/2 bran flakes or even left-over neglected muesli) 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk or kefir or even yoghurt) and stand for 5 minutes (or more, no stress). In a large bowl combine 1 cup flour (or spelt flour or gluten-free flour or wholewheat flour), 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4tsp cinnamon, make a well and set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup maple syrup (or honey, xylitol, sugar or applesauce – I find 3/4 too sweet and only add 1/2 a cup), 1/4 cup butter (or almond, cashew or any peanut butter) and 2 lightly beaten eggs (I have never used an egg substitute, but don’t be scared to try) into the oat mixture.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
- At this point I have added : 1/2 cup nuts, frozen berries, raisins, chocolate-covered cranberries, chopped banana, stewed apple and combinations of the above
- Spoon batter into cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- Bake at 200C for 15-18 mins for small muffins and about 35-40 mins for big muffins. Cool on a rack
What Our Customers Are Saying
You’re definitely not alone if you feel the need hit the ‘seat eject’ button. The secret sauce is learning to rest, not to quit, and here’s how you might think about adjusting your mindset… Hit the pause button. If you keep a diary or weekly planner, schedule in a...
August month-end paperwork is due at the accountant this afternoon – the paperwork is looking at me askew and I am still avoiding the task at hand… do you also procrastinate? Procrastination is much more than a voluntary delaying of a task, though. I’ll offer you 2...
Here on the South Coast, in our amazing subtropical environment, almost everything stays green all year round. In my garden though, I have a deciduous tree; it's been turning brown and losing it's leaves gradually over the last few weeks. As I watch the changes in the...
At any given time 1 in 3 people are on a specific eating regime, with weight loss as a leading reason. Most people are going to be disappointed, because even when successful, lost weight is frequently regained within a few months. If you want more information on new...
The mornings are starting to feel nippy, the days start later and night falls fast and early. Winter is approaching. We are caught in a lockdown time-warp but mother nature is oblivious to our plight. Are you sure that you are prepared for winter under pandemic...
Image by Prostooleh *disclaimer - this blog is purely my opinion based on the science I follow on PubMed and other similar platforms. Our immune systems are front and centre! Not since HIV Aids has immunity been the focus for so many people. Now though, because of...